Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lots 'o Ridin'

Last week I got to head up to Sol Vista to ride on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Steve, Mike, and TJ have been working hard and building some awesome trails up there! They're not very long, but they'll work you over if you're not on it! Good stuff!

Sunday saw over 150 people show up at the Jump Jam at the Fix. It was cool to see so many people out there having a good time enjoying the dirt jumps! I woke up completely exhausted and feeling like I was maybe getting sick, so I tried to get some extra sleep and didn't ride very much, just some p-track laps, which are enough to work over even the fittest of bike riders!

Yesterday, my friends James and I headed up to Hall Ranch to do a little XC riding. I made it farther up the technical climb than I ever had befor, before I had to walk up stuff. I also managed to bruise myself up pretty good trying to ride up some stuff that my technical climbing skills just don't warrant! Unfortunately, I wasn't quite as please with my descending as I was with my climbing. Hmmm...oh well. Luckily we went early and it was nice and cool before the 90ยบ heat set in. Also, James assured me that it was much too cold out at that point for the snakes!! We did see A LOT of bunnies, they reassured me a little that the snakes probably weren't out playing! haha

Got to ride at the Fix with Jo Jo yesterday evening which is always fun and doesn't happen nearly enough!

Well, I'm on the try not to feel exhausted all day everyday program this week trying to rest up for the Snowmass MSC race this weekend. Should be fun! :)

No comments: