Sunday, October 26, 2008

Collegiate Nats Come and Gone

Riding a lil gingerly with the bum left wheel!

Well, the weekend didn't pan out quite as well as I had hoped on the way out here! I was feeling really great on the DH track and especially good on the DS course in practice...then in yesterday's practice run, things went terrible wrong! :( I had a lil get off and landed on the back side of a berm in some gnarly junk and ended up breaking my fibula. I thought it might be just sprained (even though I heard it crack) and tried to give riding out the course a go. Needless to say it didn't go well and I ended up at the ER instead of racing DH.

I decided last night that I wanted to try and race DS today. I didn't think I'd be able to defend my National Champs title, but I wanted to give it a go anyway. I was definitley hop along cassidy for most of the day. I qualified 8th and gave it my all! In the end, I forgot to eat anything except breakfast, and I completely ran out of gas! I got 4th, which, I guess isn't too bad with a broken fibula!

No comments: