Monday, October 19, 2009

Denver, Late Night

Matt, Sarah, and I at Club Beta

Matt, Sarah, and I headed down to Denver to see DJ Armin van Buuren at Club Beta. I'd never been to Club Beta before, so I was pretty excited for a night of dancing.

DJ Armin van Buuren

Interesting Art at Club Beta

We had a great time dancing but knew that we had to get back to the bus station by 1:04 to get on the last bus to Boulder. To be fair, we were on it. We had a plan. I took the coat check tickets and was gonna meet Matt and Sarah at the door with all of our coats 5 minutes later...that's about where everything broke down. I waited and waited at the door, inside the club whilst Sarah and Matt were stuck outside yelling my name, as we were all watching the clock tick closer and closer to bus leaving time. Sarah and Matt decided to run to the bus, and I decided to wait, thinking that I didn't want to leave them without their coats. Long story short, I missed the bus and ended up spending ALL night in Denver with only my driver's license, credit card, and bus pass in my pocket. Blahh!! I headed back to the bus station to wait it out until the 5:00 bus back to Boulder only to find the bus station locked, apparently they don't want all the bums (myself included) sleeping in the bus station every night. Bummer! At least I was going to be warm with all three coats in tow! I ended up walking around 16th Street Mall for quite awhile and finally found a 7-11 that was open. I bought some highly intelligent (hahaha) mags to read and found a 24 hour coffee shop. It's amazing, really, how slowly time passes when you just really want to sleep...in your own bed! I ate some food...one potato at a time and watched the clock tick closer and closer to 5:00. I made it back to the bus station and found a few other Club Beta misser outers waiting for the bus back to Boulder along with morning commuters, it was a good mix. haha Anyway, I made it home in time for a couple of hours of sleep before getting back on the bus and heading to the airport to fly to Reno for Collegiate Nats. Ahhhh, a good story anyway! :)

No comments: