Monday, August 31, 2009

Breath of Fresh Air

Sweet wall ride that I fell off of the day before... :(

August has been a pretty rough month for me due to not getting selected for the World's team, not getting a research grant I was really counting on, a trip to the hospital to make sure my head is okay after landing on it hard whilst racing, and a lot of really complicated emotional stuff. This past weekend was the breath of fresh that I have needed for quite some time!

Tammy KILLED it all weekend!

After canceling my ticket to Australia which was supposed to leave on Friday night, I suddenly had the weekend free and decided to head out to Grand Junction to participate in the Slope Sistair III slopestyle and jump jam weekend. I wasn't able to get out there until Saturday morning, but as soon as I got there, I could tell the vibe in the air was great! There were some amazing freeride superstars there like Darcy Turenne, Tammy Donahugh, Stephanie Nychka, and Katie Hayes. Needless to say I was a little bit intimidated, but I was ready to be motivated to get back into dirt jumping and inspired by the talent and experience around me! I was not disappointed! All weekend, all of the girls were great! We all encouraged each other and pushed each other to learn new stuff or pull old trick out and dust them off!

Me and Darcy hammin' it up!

I'm so glad I made the 4 hour drive out there, even if it was only for 2 days. It was definitely worth it! Thanks to all of the girls for the encouragement, laughs, and fun!

Hanging out at the Ranch after the comps

Jackie at Freeride Foundation has a much better write up of the weekend than I have provided...check it out! :)

No comments: