Thursday, August 10, 2006

Brianhead: The Injury Report

Brianhead has it out for me, I've decided. Last year I dislocated my finger and didn't get to race.

Last Year's Trip to The Med Center's Pictures

This year I had a bad feeling driving up the canyon, but I thought I was just being paranoid. I got through DH practice on Thursday and breathed a sigh of relief. On to DS practice. The course was super fast on top, and I felt like I was riding really well. Joanna and I headed back up to the course for a few extra runs when most people had called it quit for the day. I came up a little short tripling some rollers before this dumb wedge jump, and I bought the superman ticket to the med center. I'm not quite sure what happened, but the next thing I knew I was flying a good ways through the air to a rough landing. I ended up sublexing my collarbone in the front by my neck, and I got some pretty good scrapes on my back, too. When I finally got up and started walking down the hill, I realized that my rear wheel was messed up, either from the crash or as the cause of the crash. Who knows? I ended up trying to race DS after skipping DH practice on Friday. I had been taking Vicodin for the pain, and that was a bad idea to try to race on. I rode horribly and qualified last. This meant that I had to race Melissa Buell first round. I rode a lot better on Saturday even though it hurt like hell, but it wasn't good enough to advance. Oh well. DH didn't happen at all. I can't pick up the front end of my DH bike, so I didn't think it would be wise to try to ride one of the most difficult courses of the year with little to no upper body strength. Also, I really want to do well in MX this weekend at the Snowmass National. Hopefully I'll heal up this week and be able to ride well this weekend at the National Finals.

It Was Cathy's Birthday so We Had a Little Wine To Celebrate

Fishie's Wine Must Have Gone Straight to His Head at 10,000 ft...Nice Hat!

No comments: