Wednesday, June 27, 2007

31,536,000

That is how many minutes my Grandparents have been married!! Today is their 60th Wedding Anniversary. I am so amazed by their amazing love and commitment to each other for 60 years. I can't fathom anything for 60 years, let alone meeting someone I might want to spend that much time with!! (hopefully one day, I just don't know anyone that fits that critera currently!! haha)


This should be a very happy occasion for them, and it is, but it is being followed around by this dark cloud. A little over a month ago my Grandfather was diagnosed with leukemia. They told him that because of his age (a mere 87!) they wouldn't treat it. Also, they said he probably only has a couple of more months to live. How's that for pretty crappy?! He is such a wonderful person and has been such a great role model for me, I am having a really hard time with it all. He has such a great attitude about things, still, though, which again speaks to just how amazing he is! He's pretty psyched that my Grandma will let him put as much butter on whatever he wants when he is eating now! He said he's glad he doesn't have to worry about that damn pesky heart disease crap anymore!

Anyway, here's to 2 amazing people spending the past 60 years together. Through good times and bad!!

No comments: