Thursday, November 29, 2007

You Just Have to Laugh, I Guess, Otherwise You Might Cry!

Wow, the last couple of weeks have really flown by. I wish that I could say that it's because I've been having so much fun, but...that's not really been the case! School has taken over my life, which I deserve for taking nearly 5 weeks off during the semester, so it's my own fault, really. That still doesn't make me happy about it! I can't sat that the last couple of weeks have been filled with too many good things, either. It's funny how 15 seconds of the day can ruin a whole really wonderful day. I had never really thought about that before a couple of weeks ago, but I guess that's sort of how it always works when something ruins your day. I just hadn't had such a wonderful day to be ruined in a long time that I hadn't really noticed, I guess. Anyway, it's much too long of a story for here.

Yesterday, though, might have to take the cake for sucking! I have been working on this particular study at school pretty much non-stop for the last 3 weeks straight. And by non-stop, I mean I haven't done anything else at school, really, and I spent all of Thanksgiving break (well, except for Thanksgiving Day, I had a really nice day with my friend TJ and his amazing family), but otherwise, pretty much the whole break...I'll keep it short, pretty much thanks to the brilliance of the person that I was collaborating with (who was the the one who "knew what we were doing" since she had done it before), the entire study is completely useless! Yea!! I love research! Sometimes I wonder why I'm in grad school really! Oh well, I mean what's a month's worth of time out of your life almost completely wasted?! :)

Okay, hopefully when I'm back boring you all to tears again next time, it will be with happy, fun, exciting news! My friend Jaymie is visiting from the UK next week, and she is a CRACK UP, so regardless of how completely crappy things might still be going, she will bring the sunshine to the party! Hope everyone is doing well! :)

No comments: