Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sea Otter, sort of

Me and Buhly in Santa Cruz on the way back to San Jose

Well, the stars had to align for me to make it to Sea Otter. They did. What I failed to plan for was actually being able to ride my bike in the condition in which I would arrive at the event...that didn't go so well.

We'll suffice to say that I should have saved my $80 entry fee for slalom and just had a weekend of cheering for others and hanging out with friends, cuz that's what I pretty much did anyway! :)

It was so much fun to get to hang out with Jaymie (who has a much more entertaining post on the events of the weekend), Melissa, T, Polly, and everyone else. In the end, I'm glad I went, but delusions of racing after so little time on the bike and so much time in the lab in the weeks prior will have to be remembered for future adventure planning!

No comments: