Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Made It to España Without a Hitch!

The view from the couch in Melissa's Aunt's apartment...not bad!!

After a day of packing and Katie's graduation party, Chris deposited me and all of my nearly 100 kg of stuff (2 bags and 2 bikes!!) at the airport. I had a 10 hour flight to London (all three seats to myself, sweet!) and then flew onto Barcelona. I think the direct flight to Europe from Denver, without having to stop on the East Coast is the way to go! I felt great when I got to London and have had horrible jet lag at all really! :) Oh, and all of my stuff showed up in Barcelona, so...that was a nice added bonus!!

Melissa was at the airport to pick me up about 10 minutes after I collected my luggage and then we headed down to her Aunt's house in Sitges. It's a cute little touristy town on the coast just south of Barcelona. We've been here for the past couple of days just chilling out and enjoying ourselves.

In Sitges

Randall showing off his skills with the Sitges coastline behind him

Our Aussie friends Sarsha and Randall took the train down to come hang out last night so we all went to a lovely dinner and then caught up till way too late! They're heading to Andorra today as well, albeit with a much larger adventure than us...they've been traveling all around Europe on trains and buses, which wouldn't normally be so surprising, but they have their bikes and all of their race gear!
Dinner with Sarsh and Randall

Well, I'll post some Andorra updates once we get there...hopefully the snow has miraculously melted in the past week, otherwise, Wet Screams it'll be!

1 comment:

Hunka Munca said...

Awesome! Glad you and your bikes made it safely. Have a blast and post often!!! Love ya