Monday, May 25, 2009

XC Riding in Wales

Wales from the XC track

I've been staying with my friend Fionn's parents in a little village called Ruyton XI Town, in the West Midlands. It's been really nice to just be able to relax a bit. They have bought a little cottage property not too far from their house in Landegla, Wales. I headed over with them to do a little riding at a bike park that is about 2 miles from their cottage.

I'm not bothered about riding by myself, but in the end, I met a really nice guy called Martin, from Birmingham by way of Aberdeen that I ended up riding with for most of the afternoon. The trails were a ton of fun, and we mostly avoided the rain! It's always more fun to have someone to ride with, and it never ceases to amaze me how many really nice people I've met whilst riding bikes all over the world!!

Random sculptures on just off of the track

The track went through some really dense forest at some points

No comments: