Friday, June 26, 2009

R & R in Morzine, France

Breathtaking!

Hmmm, the drive isn't so bad when these are your views!

On our way to Morzine from the WC in Slovenia, we stopped off at Lake Garda in Italy. It was such a cute little Italian town, and there is a cool castle that sits on the edge of the lake. We headed into the castle to have a look around (albeit and abridged look since I was hobbling around on crutches) and breakfast. It was a nice stop over on the way to the French Alps!

The lake "moat" around the castle on Lake Garda

Hop A Long Cassidy, Fee, and Jo, enjoying a little bit of history

The birds were ruthless, they'd come straight at your food!

The day's gelato...before anyone started digging into it

We arrived in Morzine...a MTB's paradise, and I am so lucky as to get to sit on my broken bum the whole time we're here! :( They have a very nice Olympic size swimming pool that I can use for a euro a day, so it's not so bad, I guess. It's a really beautiful place here, so "having" to stay here to heal up isn't so bad, I suppose. :) We're staying at a chalet fun by FlowMTB. I'll post more on them later, they're awesome!!!
There are little castles everywhere!

The history of these places is so rich.

Jo Jo helping to pass the time on the road :)

No comments: