Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sun, Wind, and Goats

Man, talk about service! Kashi and Sabrina changing my flat tyre for me!

Well, goatheads that is! My friend Sabrina just got to town for the next couple of weeks, so we took advantage of Boulder's 75ยบ+ day and headed out for a nice easy ride on our MTBs. She and her bf, Kashi, just got to town yesterday, so I thought...this might be my only chance to keep up with two of the fastest people I've ever ridden with! We headed out to the trails around the Reservoir. As we were riding around near the Res, I was telling them to watch out for these horrible pesky pests called goatheads. They're terrible weeds that no matter how they land on the ground, there is always a spike poking up, just waiting for your tyre to roll over it! Well about 15 minutes after my speech on goatheads, guess who got a flat tyre?? Yup, the blabbermouth! Ha, ha. I have to say, I definitely had the fastest tyre changers that I've ever had. Okay, maybe the tyre change wasn't that fast, but Kashi and Sabrina certainly are! The tyre change was a bit amateur hour since I somehow (???) had a 29er spare tube instead of normal one, duhhh! I don't know how that happened. Anyway, we carried on straight into the hurricane force winds that were pelting rocks and water off the water at us and climbed up. I got back on my bike and thought, hmmm, my rear end feels a bit loose. haha Sure enough, flat tyre #2!! Uhhh, so, we ended up having to make the 29er tube work, since it was the only option. Pit stop #2 was faster, as we'd learned a lot on #1! Off we go again...for about 1o seconds, until my chain breaks!! :( Mind you, the wind at this point is howling, so hanging out messing with bikes isn't the most fun thing ever, but we were all still smiling! Once again, Kashi retired Pro World Cup Racer Turned Bike Mechanic sorted me out and we finally got back on track to brave the wind and head back to Kashi's friends house. His friend cooked us up a wonderful dinner and we had some good laughs into the evening, well Sabrina and I sat and giggled about nothing in particular the whole time and I think the boys were mostly just laughing at us! Regardless, even though the wind sucked, and goatheads and broken chains suck, we had a wonderful afternoon/evening. It's amazing how great people to be around can make even crappy situations fun or at least funny! :)

No comments: