Monday, May 17, 2010

1st Pro Win!!!

Jackie, Me, and Cathy: 4x Podium

I have been racing at Nathrop for 7 years, and none have been as sweet as this year! There are two 4x tracks and a dual slalom track with one of the most beautiful racing backdrops in the world, Mt. Princeton.

Jamis, Blake, Petr, and Erik: The Men's podium as definitely hard fought!

I haven't been able to train as much as I normally do by this time of the season because of school, so I went to the race with very few expectations. Dual slalom was on Saturday, and 4x was on Sunday. Dual slalom went okay, I ended up 2nd. On Sunday, we got started with the new to the US format of 4x, and it was great!

Me and Erik with Mt. Princeton behind us

We all did 3 randomly seated qualifying rounds and then we raced the normal 4x rounds. I won one of the qualifying rounds and Jackie won two of them. Once we got to the finals, I was in lane two, but I got a great snap out of the gate and got the hole shot. Jackie made some good attempts at passing, but I was able to hold her off till the finish line for my first Pro win ever! :) Pretty psyched!

Smiles all around!

No comments: