Sunday, May 09, 2010

My Grandma Knows What's Up!

WAY better than an office chair!

Themes and Thoughts from today's ride:
1.) Endo to Elbow ):

It gets really flat really quickly once you leave the mountains!

2.) Sometimes you have to stop and smell the roses, even when there aren't any roses around.
3.) White Ranch is steep from the bottom lot, somehow I always seem to forget this!
4.) Rigid single speeders have at least 1 or 2 screws loose!

Said Utkatasana section

5.) There is a 100 ft. section on the Belcher Trail at White Ranch that should be called the Utkatasana (yoga: awkward pose) Trail. The section is flat, and still completely awkward and unridable to me! Ughhh!!!
6.) Any time spent on the bike, even if I'm feeling crappy, is better than even the best time working!

I really need to figure out why/how some days I feel absolutely great and other days I feel absolutely terrible!! Today was an absolutely terrible day, and I'd like have half a clue about why. Either way, even terrible days with bike rides are better than pretty great days without them!

One last thought...I spoke to my Grandmother today for Mother's Day, and she said something that really struck me. She told me to make sure to take advantage of every opportunity to travel and have as many fun adventures as I can as often as I can because you never know what's going to happen to you tomorrow! This is pretty much how I've chosen to live my life, but it was nice to hear it as wise advice from an amazing woman who has lived her life to the fullest and is 85 years old! Not to worry Grandma...I'll be going on as many adventures as I possibly can for the rest of my life!!! :)

No comments: