Friday, May 14, 2010

A Little Scare

So, I've had a cramp like pain in the top of my calf for a little over a month now. It didn't bother me at first since I get charlie horse cramps in my calves all of the time, but after quite some time I started to worry a little bit. When I was at the Doc to get some sleeping pills for my impending travels abroad, I casually mentioned it to the Doc, and she got a bit nervous and thought I should get an ultrasound to rule out Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). I just got back, and it turns out there isn't DVT (thankfully!!!), but there is a small clot in one of the more superficial veins. Hopefully it's not much to worry about, will go away on its own, and at least explains why I've been having pain for the past month! Fingers crossed that it doesn't become a bigger problem than it is!

No comments: