Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Let me define INSPIRATIONAL for you.

So today started early with spin class at 6:00, painful! Then it was on to some hot tubbing at our new personal hot tub location! Thanks Bama. I suggest getting your morning started with a good workout and a nice hot tubbing session at least every once in awhile!

After that, we were off to Denver for Lisa's follow up appt with her hand Doc. I was pretty nervous for Lisa, as she didn't really know what the Doc was going to say. I can't even imagine the butterflies that must have been going through her stomach! (The last two visits to the Doc had not gone well!) Well, the Doc said that her hand wasn't completely healed, but he said he knows she's been riding and that she could keep doing. She just needs to be careful of her hand. Well, that was the green light that she was looking for, and WATCH OUT, because LISA MYKLAK is back on the playing field folks, and the show's about to get exciting!!

So, after the appt, we got some yummy grub at Deli Zone and made a few phone calls to check on the wind status at Lake Arbor. The wind was picking up, but we decided to go anyway. We called Fisher and he was going to meet us down there. Okay, so let me remind you, if you haven't read my other posts, that Lisa broke her wrist, BADLY at the end of August and then suffered a broken hand as a result of the external fixator that was drilled into her bones to make her wrist heal. Okay, so, as a result, she hasn't been on a bike very much for the past 5 months. I'm just setting the stage, because the plot is about to thicken!

Okay, so here is the setup at Lake Arbor: pull up, look to the right and see big, beautiful dirt jumps! Awesome. So, I have only just started to hit the first jump in the smallest line there, Couch. As a result, I mosied on over to the kiddie dirt jumps to warm up. After about 2 seconds I looked over and thought, "I didn't think Fisher was wearing a black sweatshirt. Oh snap. he's not, that's Lisa rocking the jumps like crazy!!!" Well, about 10 seconds of warming up on the crap mounds of dirt pretending to be some sort of jumps was enough for me, plus I wanted a front row seat for the SHOW!

So, I get back over to the real jumps, and Lisa has the biggest smile on her face! Not only is she jumping, but she is jumping so smoothly! If I didn't know better, I would say she had been doing some stealthy night dirt jumping at some unknown location while her had was healing. (just a theory, though, no way to prove it!) Oh, and let me tell you, the story is just getting good! So, she is doing the first three jumps in Couch, and making it look easy. Well, it's not. I have been trying to just get the first one dialed, and that's not even going very well. It's a tricky line, and she had it dialed. On to bigger and better things. She moved on to the next bigger line after following Fisher in for a speed check. One look at it, and voila. Done. Smooth, buttery, making it look easy! After doing the first two jumps in that line, she declares, "I'm happy, I'm just going to work on manualing for a bit."

So, then Fisher starts hitting the leftmost line in the group, and they look like a ton of fun. The lips seem to "pop" you just right. Well, Lisa must have been observing from afar when she was claiming to be working on manuals, hahaha. Next thing I know, she's following Fisher into the very big line for a speed check. Damn, I think, she is on FIRE! With a few suggestions from Fisher, she follows him in and, I'll let you guess...Yup, hits it like she's been doing this every day for the last 6 months! Huge Rockstar points! Oh ya, since I don't have any photos, I'll have to tell you that the smile just kept getting bigger and bigger! You know, some might call it good at this point. She might have even said she was going to, but oh no!!! She's like, what the hell, that's probably the biggest jump I've ever hit, why not go for the second one? She was on a roll, for sure! First try, nails the second one, like it's nothing! The whole time, I am in AWE! While Lisa was stealing the show, Fisher was throwing down some nice style and beautiful jumping of his own! It is a lot of fun to watch him dirt jump, he makes it look very effortless!

Okay, back to the Title: Let me define INSPIRATIONAL for you. Lisa Myklak. Not only did she seriously jump for the first time since her injury today, but she went bigger than she ever has. I'm going to leave it at that and let you just ponder just how that works for a little bit! I still am!

So, one might think that would be enough fun and excitement for one day, but ohhhh no! After the wonderful Mike Howse retensioned my ridiculously loose rear wheel spokes, we were off on another fun adventure. This time the stylie TJ Sharp and manualing master Jon Stecko joined us for the fun. We headed up to the CU campus for a little street riding action! Lisa and I were seriously working on our manualing, bound and determined to one day be able to be as cool as the boys! We worked on flat turning on the Ferrand Field baseball diamond as well as bunny hopping, cutties, and tons of other shenanigans. I think we even had some gapers for a while! Fun, fun, fun!

I can't think of a better way to have spent the day: riding bikes with some of the best friends anyone could ever ask for. If only YOU could be so lucky!!!

No comments: