Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Super Pro Move

The weekend found us with snow still on the ground, so no dirt jumping! =( Oh well, I got a couple of good road rides in, making sure to freeze my toes on both of them. I haven't been able to find my booties since I moved. Got a little tramp bike action in before I took Lisa to the airport to send her on her way to sunny So Cal for a week of awesome weather and awesome riding! (read with a jealous tone!)

So, ready for the super pro move? Heather stopped by my office for our unofficial office hours, and we decided to go get some dinner. I had my bike and Heather didn't so we decided to throw my bike on the front of the Hop bus and take that to my car. Well, we were gabbing, as usual, and we missed our first stop. We hopped off on the second one and were discussing where we were going to get some food, as Heather was about to die from starvation. About 10 seconds AFTER we got off the bus, I remembered that I had my bike on the front of the bus! Pretty pro! Of course the bus was already driving through the next intersection. Well, shit the chase was on. We ran about 150 yards to my car and started driving like crazy people trying to catch up with the bus. This task would have been much easier if it hadn't been 5:00. This is the only time it is difficult to drive in Boulder. I wasn't exactly sure where the bus route went, either! Don't forget, Heather is starving, too! Well, we pass a could of Hop buses that are the wrong ones, at least I hope they are, as my bike isn't on the front. We start driving down 30th street, when all of the sudden we see my bike on the front of a Hop bus, but it's going the other way! I flip a totally illegal U-turn and make my way through traffic trying to get ahead of the bus so we can finally get it to stop. The bus driver thought we were crazy when we started getting the bike off of the front of the bus at some random stop. I had to explain that I was an idiot and had left the bike on at a stop near campus! Good times, good times!

So, yesterday and today were two of the most beautiful days we have had in a long time! It was in the mid 50s and NO wind!! Ahhhhhh! I made up some excuse to leave work and went to the Fix to go dirt jumping! Yesterday I had a great day working on my no footers and starting to get one handers. Today, the no footers and one handers went fairly well, but I made some pretty good progress on the Kneecap line at the Fix. I consistently hit the first two jumps in the line and occasionally hit the 3rd. Today I hit the 3rd one quite a few times, and actually made an attempt at the 4th one. I cased the hell out of it, but at least I hit the first 3 well enough to want to go for the the 4th one! Yea, I love it when I make good progress at the dirt jumps! Thanks Jonathan for encouraging me to go for the 4th one!

I think I'm about ready for bed, but Tom and Bama have some crazy ideas about drinking and doing something fun tonight. They're at the liquor store right now. Isn't 10:20 on Wednesday night closer to bed time than beer:30? Oh well, I'm sure whatever we decide to do will involve some fun shenanigans and a lot of giggling! Hopefully jumping at Arbor in the morning with Fisher and Howse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Textbook cameracourage. cool eh