Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sleeping in and dirt jumping!

So, I started my day with getting to sleep in, no alarm clock style! My favorite!! Even though it was a bit windy, Lisa and I headed over to the Fix to do a little dirt jumping. Well, today I finally had a breakthrough. There is a fairly large jump there that we call the One Hit Wonder. It's a pretty good jump for learning to do some tricks on. Until just recently, I have been working on getting enough speed and pop off of the jump just to land it all the way to the transition. A little while back Lisa suggested that I try to do just a little turn bar on my next jump. Hmmm, I never would have thought to try it. I tried it, and although it wasn't a huge one, I did it, and it was a lot of fun. I was hooked on the idea of trying to learn some tricks. Thanks Lisa! (again!!) Well, for whatever reason, I decided that I wanted to learn no footers. I have been trying to do them for a while now, and they haven't been going, really. I would get my feet about 3 inches off of the pedals and then instantly want them back on the pedals. I really thought that I needed to start taking them off of the pedals at the apex of the jump, and that is what I had been trying to do. So, today, I decided that I wasn't just being a chicken, the timing wasn't really working. I decided to try to get them off of the pedals shortly after I left the lip...Voila! This was the trick. Although, I only really landed two of them and they weren't the biggest no footers, I finally got them! Yeaaaaa! The two that I made a big effort to get my feet a lot further off of the pedals on resulted in a couple of 1 footed landings, which wasn't the end of the world, so now I can't wait until it's not windy again!

Too bad nasty snowy weather is in the forecast for tomorrow!! Oh well, I had a great day today, and it was even a bit windy!

1 comment:

::LCM said...

Neven is being rather humble in her no-footed conquest. Let me give all you loyal readers a second-hand perspective of the events that unfolded this past Sunday. First off, the One-hit wonder has a huge daunting lip. You have to haul b***s into it just to get enough airtime to reach backside. The lip really absorbs a good portion of foward momentum. Prior to today, Neven was getting descent air and just barely making backside. However this blustery Sunday proved to be different. She was not only boosting off the lip but noising into the landing with true pa nosh. And then there it was. . .A true no-footer. Both feet not only left the pedals but were pushed out for the full effect. Props to the Steimetzo!