Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Well, I should be studying for an exam that I have in my polymers class in an hour because I didn't really study at all last night, a little preoccupied with other CRAP! Since school is the reason I have been such a slacker about posting (a little busy trying to work full time, go to school full time, and train for racing!), I figured now's as good a time as any to catch up! hahaha Any reason I can find to procrastinate (well some are better than others) is awesome.

Well, this past weekend was crappy outside, mostly. It snowed! wtf? Does Mother Nature think it's winter in Colorado or something? Oh wait, it is, and we have been utterly spoiled for the past couple of months. Oh well. It's supposed to start snowing tonight for the next few days as well. Maybe I'll actually go snowboarding or skate skiing since I bought an Eldora pass and have used it a grand total of 1 time! That's a great investment.

So, back to the weekend before last. It was awesome (well, for most of us anyway, I'll get to that later)!! We had about 15 people show up to ride at the Fix for about 3.5 hours. Emily, Lisa, and I were throwing down on the One Hit Wonder. It was awesome to have so much positive, fun energy to pull from! We even inspired G. Mike to learn no footers! I think he's our new biggest cheerleader. It's nice when the boys actually compliment us and encourage us. There aren't very many that do, so I know that I really take it to heart when one of them takes 5 seconds out of their life to say something nice! Thanks! After our awesome sesh at the Fix, we moved the party to Arbor where there were over 30 people dirt jumping and enjoying the afternoon! It's pretty darn intimidating where there are that many people standing around and watching. I was just proud of myself for even jumping at all with that many spectators! That was a big step for me, for sure.

Okay, so the good...awesome dirt jumping session on a beautiful day, the bad...severely nose casing a jump on your brand new bike, and the ugly...Jon's dislocated and severely broken pinkie finger!

Photo by TJ Sharp

Ouch!!

Unfortunately, while the rest of us were having a wonderful day of hours of dirt jumping, Jon was icing his finger and watching it get more and more bruised and swollen! He is a trooper, though! He even ponied up and jumped a little bit at Arbor. He didn't know his finger was broken at that time. We went to the ER later that night, and he ended up getting surgery to put in a plate and 3 pins last Friday! Hopefully he'll back on his brand new bike in no time!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that it's my favorite day of the year! Hahahahahaha. I hate Valentine's Day! I even hated it when I had a boyfriend, so I'm not prejudiced just because I don't! Oh well, only half of the day left, and Heather is having a celebrate being single PBR party, so it'll be all good!

No comments: