Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Awesome Use of a Sick Day at Work

So, I have generally decided that my sick days for work should be taken as "sick of work" days. As I generally don't get sick very often, and the people I work with keep the Dr's offices in the area in business, I feel pretty comfortable using my sick days when I am sick of being at work.

I decided that yesterday would be a good day for a sick day. Mike Howse had said he wanted to do shuttle runs at 10:00, and we were going to head down to Arvada for gate practice later in the afternoon.

Shuttle runs on Cactus Ridge were great for the first 5 minutes, then I crashed and subsequently broke my BFL Hayes brake lever off. Bummer. Unfortunately it was the rear brake. I tried to ride with just my front brake for a ways, but the steepness and looseness of the switchbacks decided otherwise. One more decently hard crash, and I was walking most of the rest of the way down. Oh well. At least I got a little bit of exercise out of it.

Gate practice was really good. I feel like my gates are getting faster and more consistent. I still need to have more power out of the gate though! I can't wait for the season, though. Hearing the gate cadence really gets my pulse going! It's gonna be a good season!

No comments: