Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bits and Pieces Tied Together By the String of Me

Sunday found us doing awesome shuttles on the Cactus Ridge trail. It is a trail close to Boulder that is actually worthy of a DH bike! It was so much fun. Lisa got to ride her new beautiful DH rig for the first time. I had an awesome first run and then had such bad arm pump the second run that I could barely hold on! I need to get the sorted out before Angel Fire, for sure. I also fell, apparently pretty hard on my right hip/leg/butt. I don't know, but it is super bruised and scraped, and it sucks to sit down. Oh well, all in a days work for doing DH runs, I guess.

School really sucks this week. I had a paper due today, a group project and presentation due on Thursday, and a final on Saturday. I'm really ready for this semester to be over.

I really like the Folsom Street Coffee Shop. It's by far the best coffee shop in Boulder. I just wish not so many other people think the same thing. It's a bummer to plan to study there and not be able to find a seat. Oh well. They give you a huge helping of yummy hummus with your bagel, all for $2. Good stuff.

So, I took a bit of a hiatus from the engineering building but have had two classes in there this semester. My observation: what happened to the cool kids? I mean my friends who are engineering majors are cool, but when I don't run into them...Eeeekk! Today, it was particularly apparent just how nerdy the engineering majors are. I remove myself from that classification. I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't, but wow, some of these people are way out there.

Okay, and I saved the best for last. I got an email from my awesome friend Kristen (Kdog) who lives down in Austin today. I met her last year at the Angel Fire MX. She was a beginner woman just starting out. I gave her some pointers on her gate start, and we hit it off. We exchanged emails and have been in touch ever since. I got to visit her when I was in Austin last fall. She turned what otherwise could have been a weekend full of nothing but drinking and football into an amazing weekend that included riding their awesome MX track. She showed up to get me Sunday morning with an extra bike, helmet, pads, and even a sweet T-shirt for me from the shop she works at. We had an awesome breakfast and then were off to the track.

Yummy Mexican breakfast in Austin with Zach and Kristen

Me (in all my borrowed gear) and Kristen

She had been riding a ton and improving her skills like crazy since the last time I had seen her. It was so much fun riding with her and seeing how much she had improved!

Their gate might be hand held and homemade but this is a little gem in the middle of Texas!

Well, today, she sent me a picture of her riding and their local BMX track, and all I have to say is...Beginner/Sport ladies, you better watch out because Kristen is coming to Angel Fire, and she's going to kick all of your asses! Check her out!

Kdog KILLING it at the BMX track in Austin

No comments: