Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Sigh of Relief!

It's been no secret all semester that I hate my Polymers class. The professor was a twit. He held a review session for the course on Thursday. He told us the exam would be about 1/2 open book and 1/2 closed book, the same as most of the exams and quizzes all semester. Well, he lied. He shows up for the final yesterday (late) with a bunch of Krispy Kreme donuts and a funny little laugh. He says he decided to change the format of the final. It'll all be closed book. (oh except for an extra credit problem, that was open book) Ughhhhh!! I really rely on the open book part of the exams to balance out my poor performance on the closed book sections. I knew I was in for trouble. I would have studied differently if I had known it would be all closed book! I had no idea for 2 pages worth of problems, not the best feeling in the world. I even had trouble just coming up with "something" to fill the spaces under the problems. On a good note, though, I think I NAILED the extra credit problem. hahaha Oh well. I had hoped for an A in the class to help my plight to get back into grad school, but that's not gonna happen! Oh well, I AM DONE WITH CLASSES!! Yea!

After my exam, Heather met up with me at my office, and we got to look through this really cool sun telescope. It had some hydrogen something another filter in it so you could see the sun's surface. It was pretty cool.

All I've really wanted to do for the past two weeks is ride my bike and I haven't been able to very much because of dumb school and work, so that was our next mission! We grabbed our bikes and some food at Tokyo Joes and headed to Hall Ranch. It is my favorite trail on the Front Range, and it didn't disappoint us yesterday! We decided to ride the easy trail on the North side so we'd have time to do the loop. Heather has an Organic Chem final tomorrow, so she needed to get back to study for that! We got a good lap out of the loop and had an awesome decent back to the car! The view from the top of the loop is absolutely amazing!

A few of the Usual Suspects and some Newbies made it out for Happy Hour at Hapa last night. Yummy sushi and awesome friends...What more can you ask for?

I'm sitting here with NO school work to make me feel guilty, and I'm not sure what to do with my time...So many options, so many bikes I can ride to so many cool places! Aaaah, I love summer break!

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

No comments: