Sunday, June 25, 2006

Awesome Weekend, Great People, OK Finish

Crested Butte is a truly amazing place! The mountains around there are so rugged and grandiose, and the general scenery is just plain beautiful. This year the wildflowers were even more amazing than they have been in the past years that I have raced in CB! I can't wait until I get the chance to go there and just ride.

I have met some of the most amazing people while racing my bikes! This weekend I had the luxury of getting to spend time with my friend Alison and her son Mike. He has become an awesome XC racer. Also, I got to spend the weekend with the Wilderman's who are some of my favorite people ever! They have pretty much adopted me onto their team, even though I'm not on it! I even got an honorary team jersey!

So, Cody had an awesome race coming in 3rd in the Pro men. Sage KILLED it and won her category. Okay, she didn't have too much competition, but her time was awesome and would have placed her in 3rd in Expert women! Nate got 4th with a solid run. I ended up in 5th both pleased and disappointed. I took 30 seconds off of my time from last year, so that was good. I pedaled my ass off on the uphills, so that was good. I blew pretty much all of the switchbacks in the middle section, not so good. 5th place, also not so good. Oh well. It was a good learning weekend, and I almost puked at the finish, so I guess I gave it all I had on those damn uphill sections!

Cody and Nate have a Post Race do-si-do session


Apparently Cody Is Thinking of Trying Out Underware Modeling in the Off Season Next Year

Sage should be a Volcom Model

No comments: