Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas in the Beautiful Chilly Southern CO Mountains!

Christmas at the Sharp's Wonderful Home in Del Norte

I haven't taken my camera out since I've been here, so I'll try and snap some pics before we leave tomorrow. I've been down in Del Norte, CO since Monday evening. My friend TJ needed a ride to his dad's house for Christmas (he had major knee surgery last Thursday), and I was homeless for Christmas, so I think it worked out pretty good for everyone.

Two of the 5 crazy doggies: Chester the sweet puppy and Dodger the crazy dog

We got here, almost, without incident on Monday! TJ's little brother drove us down, and I had to give him the benefit of the doubt driving on the road that takes you back into the woods to their house. I mean, he drives the road all of the time, right? Well, he's just got his learner's permit, and I'm guessing he doesn't pull any shenanigans when his dad's in the car with him. Well, the roads are pretty darn slick, and we come around the corner only for Ty to say Tokyo Drift and give it some gas. This ended with us being stuck in a snow drift facing the other direction! Ty ran to their house and got the snowmobile with the wench to try to pull us out. No luck! He and his dad ended up digging the Explorer out the next morning.

Christmas day was really beautiful. There's tons of snow here, and they live in a wonderful serene mountain setting. It's really a great place to be to just relax and forget about the rest of the world running in "pinned" mode. Tyler got a clay target thrower (I'm sure that's not what they're really called) for Christmas, so I got to try my hand at shooting moving targets. It's been quite awhile since I've shot a shotgun, and I'm pretty sure I've never shot at a moving target before! It was great fun, and I even hit a few targets now and then. It really reminded me of being at home on the farm growing up. Life is simple, you can pretty much do what you want and nobody comes around to tell you that you can't! It's awesome!!

The rooster is the alarm clock in the morning

Precious, the tamest chicken ever!

TJ and Ty getting the eggs that we had for breakfast each day

Winter wonderland entertainment!
TJ giving Ty a little lesson in shooting!

Well, anyway, we're headed back to Boulder tomorrow. I hope the roads aren't too bad, as I'd like to get home before too late to celebrate one last Christmas, a little late!

I hope everyone had a really wonderful time with their family and friends this holiday season!

No comments: