Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Best Way to Utilize your Entire Vacation...


Not really sleep at all! haha

You can't see our matching KHS fixies...I'm sure we were quite the site!

So, Melissa is one of the most gracious and best hosts I have ever met! I showed up in Phoenix late on Thursday night, and the adventure kicked into full throttle. She was able to borrow a very nice XC bike for me, let me use her extra moto (see below) and all of the associated gear you needed to ride it, and drive me all over the Phoenix/Tempe metroplex to participate in all of the activities said bikes and gear lend themselves to!! She coordinated all of this while trying to still do her prescribed training (above and beyond the fun things we did), physics, biology, and calculus! The girl is amazing!

We went to the comedy club on Saturday night for a few good laughs and some not so funny "comedy" which was fun since I've never been to see stand up before. Of course we got in late and had to get up early since we'd made plans to meet up with the awesome guy who lent me the bike for the weekend, Mark from Global Bikes, and his ripper wife Nicole. We rode some sweet, very technical trails pretty much in downtown Phoenix! The trail was super rocky, and wasn't very forgiving to anyone who had a get off! I have a right side full of bruises, and Nicole had to make a trip to the hospital to get a few stitches in her shin! She was a trooper about it, and overall it was a lot of fun.

Cat 2 race...The course was a figure 8, nice and spectator friendly!

After our ride, we headed down to the state capitol to watch the Valley of the Sun crit. We got a little lost, so we were a little late to the race, but it was sure fun to watch once we got there on our matching KHS track bikes! (Melissa has two, one that fits her, and one that conveniently fit me. I gave her a quick "how to ride a fixie" lesson, and we were off!) It was a beautiful day, and an awesome way to end a wonderful trip! THANK YOU to Melissa for making my weekend holiday so much fun! :)

Brian and me after the crit in downtown Phoenix

No comments: