Friday, May 23, 2008

So, I made it down to Angel Fire yesterday about 4:00, just in time to register and rush up to get a few 4X runs in. It was a bit windy, but the course had some good (and a couple not so good) changes in it, so it was fun to work on that. Luckily James (my roomie) rode down with me, as I was TIRED and probably would have fallen asleep otherwise! It's been a really rough week, for a lot of reasons. I want to feel rested and focused for this race, it's a big one, and a World's qualifier, so...hopefully I can get my head on straight, very soon!

I'm at the library here in Angel Fire working on school stuff right now, as it's SNOWING and sleeting out. It's pretty cold and miserable, and I'm not so much in the mood for slipping, sliding, and inevitably falling all over the many, many rocks on this course! I'm gonna hold out and hopefully 4x practice will be a bit warmer and not sleeting...looks like the course might be a mess, though, there's been quite a bit of precip. :(

Hopefully the weather just continues to get nicer and nicer as the weekend goes on! :)

No comments: