Friday, May 30, 2008

Andorra, Synonymous with Beautiful!

We made it, with pretty much no problems at all! :) We got to Barcelona with no problems. Melissa´s aunt met us at the airport helped us load all of our stuff into a rental car and her car and off we went to the land of many, many tolls! Everywhere you drive over here, you have to pay tolls! At least they take credit cards. We hung out at Gina´s house (seriously, her house is 50 feet from the beach!! We´re going back there after the race for a couple of days!!) for a few hours waiting for Jaymie to get here and then we made our way up to the race in Andorra. It was a really beautiful drive. I drove up with Melissa´s mechanic, Keith, and we had quite the adventure getting pretty lost and trying to find food and having every restaurant we tried to go to be closed, must have been a holiday or something?? We went to one place thinking it was a restaurant, and it was a ballet studio. Uhhhh, duhhh. We´re idiots with about 20 Spanish words in our vocabulary between both of us!

After many wrong choices at roundabouts, we finally met back up with Melissa, Gina, and Jaymie and got all settled in. This is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever been to! Yesterday was the start of DH and 4x practice. Apparently the DH track leaves a little bit to be desired with technicalness, but it seems they´ve made up for it on the 4x track. It´s huge, steep, and FAST! I was really struggling yesterday, but I´m hoping that it´s just that I was so tired I couldn´t think straight! Today is a gorgeous day out, so hopefully the mud will dry up and I´ll have a great practice and qualifier!

Sorry for no pics, but the computer I´m on has the CPU all locked up, so I don´t have anywhere to put my jump drive with pics on it. As soon as I can, I´ll post some up, though. It´ll be worth the wait, I promise! :)

1 comment:

Blackie said...

Agreed, beautiful place! All of Spain is. :) I'm glad you are having fun. Let me know when you get back to the states.