Monday, April 06, 2009

Mother Nature is Confused

The Snow is Beautiful...in WINTER!!! Go away already!

Apparently she is confusing January with April, and it sort of sucks! We had an amazing day of snowboarding up at Eldora on Saturday with a lot of powder when we got there and then powder filling in tracks throughout the day. Good times.

Ah, sketchy sand on the road for the decent! Nice.

Bike training, however, hasn't been so great with all of the snow and cold in the past couple of weeks. Today, though, I decided that I had to get a ride in, cold or not! Well, it was cold, and, as it turns out, snowing. Oh well. I climbed a bit of the way up Sunshine and then thought better of it, as I knew I was going to freeze on the way down (I was right!). I did some hill repeat intervals at the bottom and then headed closer to home to do some super duper sprint intervals. I wasn't too cold by the time that I got home, but I don't think I could have stayed out too much longer. Hopefully it'll warm up this week and dry things out, as I want to ride my new bikes!!!!!!


Crazy Sideways Icicles at the Bottom of Sunshine Canyon

Just a side note...it's a darn good thing that snowboarding was so good on Saturday, because the rest of my weekend was pretty awful, so it's good to know that 5 hours of an amazing outdoor adventure can come pretty close to evening out the other 43 hours that sucked. :)

No comments: