Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sick in the Head!

The view from the top of Heil looking down the valley towards Hall...I LOVE CO!!

So, today I headed out to ride Picture Rock trail, just outside of Lyons. I have mixed feelings about this ride, as it's a trail that I've only ever ridden with someone who used to be a really good friend of mine, but I really love the trail. Today, I REALLY loved it! I haven't felt this good on my bike in I don't know how long...maybe since I was in Scotland last summer. I got to the top of the climb and thought, that's it...but I want more! I know, I know, I must have caught a serious bug or something because I NEVER love going uphill, but today I did, and I felt good doing it!! Considering how little I've been able to ride in the past couple of months, there must be something else going on! I guess maybe it was the cheesy grits that I had for breakfast, who knows...I really should try and figure it out, though!

View from the best cheese and bread eating spot on the trail!

Anyway, it was a great day on the bike. The only thing missing was a mid ride snack of bread and cheese and my favorite Picture Rock trail riding partner.

No comments: