Monday, April 26, 2010

Supercross and PA DH

Seattle Supercross!

My friend Leana live just south of Seattle, so I made plans to hang out with her after my conference was done on Saturday. I knew she'd be game for some fun adventures in the limited time that I had in Seattle.

Me, Leana, and the Fremont Troll

She picked me up and had a game plan to show me the sites!! We had a great afternoon being tourists and eating yummy fish and chips before heading to Supercross that evening!!!

Not gonna lie, we felt sorta important! haha

I'd never been to Supercross before, so I was super psyched to get to watch the action first hand!! Sensory overload!!! On t.v., they pretty much just follow the leaders around the whole time, so you don't get to see much else of what is going on. When you're there in person, it's challenging to figure out what you want to watch, there is so much going on the whole time!! Leana has a friend who got is Industry passes, which meant, free, got to get into the pits, and go to sit in the industry reserved section. We ended up sitting next to Jake Weimer's parents which was awesome. Jake was leading the West Lites series and struggled a little in the race, so his parents were extra animated throughout the race. Then in the main event, my favorite rider, Kevin Windham had an amazing night. He took the win easily and almost lapped Chad Reed...one of my least favorite riders!!

Sunny Seattle Supercross

We headed back to Leana's house with plans to get up super early and head up to the ProGRT DH race up at Port Angeles. It sorta sucked being there and not getting to race, but it was a lot of fun to see friends that I haven't seen for a long time and cheer like crazy! The track looked awesome, it would have been a lot of fun to race!! All of the girls were riding really well, hitting all the big lines, too! I think I was most impressed with Mitch Ropelato, though, our young Junior pinner!! He came through the section where I was watching so much faster than anyone else I saw, it was awesome!! I think he ended up in 12th in a completely stacked with WC talent field! It'll be fun to see how he does at the World Cups!

The lovely ladies of DH! Jo Jo, Melissa, me, Anka, and Leana

We picked up Melissa at the race and brought her back to Leana's with us. It was great, along the way home, we stopped at a winery and did a wine tasting, had coffee and a lovely little shop overlooking the water and Canada, and then had a lovely evening sitting in the hot tub catching up on girl time! A big thanks to Leana for coordinating such a fun weekend! I can't wait for the racing season to begin! I miss all of my racing friends!!

No comments: