Monday, March 12, 2012

Just Touched Down in Londontown

Such a good show!!
We sure enjoyed the show...can you tell?
My friend Tyler has been living and working in Spain for about 3 years now. He is another of my friends who loves an adventure, and when he found out I was moving to this side of the Atlantic, we started making plans for weekend excursions to see Europe!

One of my all time favourite people!

He had made plans to come to see London with some of his co-workers, and I’ll be damned if I wasn’t going to take the 1 hr flight down to hang out with him! Haha J We made plans to see Wicked on Friday night...ummm, AWESOME! Other than that, though, I didn’t have an agenda at all. It was really nice!

A canalboat coming out of the
lock near the Camden Market

In the end, we spent the better part of Saturday at the Camden market...in the beautiful sunshine, it was awesome! Later that day I got to meet up with an Irish friend for some friendly banter during the Ireland/Scotland rugby match...many pints were consumed!

Loving the 3D building art in Camden Town 
Pretty good London summary in art

Sunday found our crew on a mission to find Full English Breakfast. One would think this might be an easy task, but when Spaniards are involved, things don’t happen on a speedy timeline, so we didn’t get started looking until after 11:00...most places switch to Sunday Roast as their offering sometime around then! It was a mission, but in the end we succeeded and it was greasy and fantastic.

Tower Bridge from the London Bridge
I spent the rest of the day catching up with my friend Dharmesh and checking out Chinatown. Even with the expensive ticket to Wicked (well worth it!), I managed to London on the super cheap...£230, door to door, all in, so not bad at all! J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neven,
Do you still have that cylinder we broke at the Celanese lab back in about 1999 and I mounted on a plaque for you?

Jay Warner is retiring from Celanese next week and I want to relate the story of how interested everyone was in seeing the slow motion destruction proceed in the dry ice chest.

I got packaged out from Celanese in 2003 and have been teaching at Texas A&M Kingsville since the. Please reply to kfcdm00@tamuk.edu

David Murphy