Tuesday, December 12, 2006

New Ride

I normally commute to school on my road bike because I have an awesome office (doubled as my storage unit this summer!) that I can leave my bike in as I wouldn't really want to leave it locked up outside. My office is moving back over to engineering at the end of the month so I needed to sort out a better commuter bike that I don't mind riding through the winter muck and leaving locked up outside. I mentioned this to my friend Kevin on our way to Thursday Night Happy Hour Sushi, and he told me there is a bike that is just what I am looking for, a Specialized Langster. When I got home, I looked on Craigslist and Ebay, and there was 1 on each site just in my size! The Craigslist bike was in Portland, though. Good thing I'm going there next week! I emailed the guy selling the bike and told him I wanted it, and we made arrangements for my friend Molly to help me get it. Yea!!! I have a sweet bike to commute on now, or at least I will when I get back from Portland after Christmas. Check it out:

Oh ya, and I am DONE with my classes for the semester! My final presentation went fairly well yesterday, so now I am off the hook for a month at least!

1 holiday party down and 4 to go. I'm already holiday "festivitied" out! All I do is eat and eat and eat! I'm not a damn bear getting ready to hibernate for the winter! I think I'm heading out for a bike ride right now to justify (try to, rather) all of the food I ate last night!

No comments: