Sunday, January 21, 2007

It's Snowing. AGAIN

My camera isn't MIA anymore, but it is broken, so I don't have any pictures of the things I'd like to have pictures of. Oh well. Research is going well. Most other things aren't. That's how it goes, though, I guess.

Yesterday we got a crew together to have a little snow slalom race at our local sledding hill. I wasn't feeling so hot after drinking too much and a good tear session the night before, but I gave it all that I had, which ended with a good endo and superman down the hill to fill my sleeves and pants with snow. A fitting end to a day where I felt like crap. It was a lot of fun to get to hang out with good riding friends and watch some of them (Steve Wentz, the race promoter) just kill it on both courses! Lisa was riding like she was in the mod class (mud spikes), but she had minimal tread regular tires on!

So, on Thursday I was supposed to get an order of 25 ml of bone marrow that I can get the stem cells that I work with out of. When I opened up the box, there was 60 ml!! While I was excited to have more (A LOT more) because it's really expensive, it pretty much monopolized over half of my day, and used almost all of my stem cell "food" and the containers that I have to put them in. Hopefully this procedure to isolate the stem cells from the marrow all works out because that sure was a lot of work! I'd never seen bone marrow before. It's pretty cool, and cool to think that it contains cells that can turn into bone, cartilage, tendon, muscle, skin, and fat!

Well, like the title says, it's snowing again. Ughhhh! Maybe I'll just curl up with a good book and go back to bed. I'm not feeling up to doing much at all!

No comments: