Thursday, January 04, 2007

Poor Poor Car

So, yesterday my friend TJ and I left our friend Matt's house in Southern, CO to come back to Boulder after a super fun couple of days celebrating New Year's in La Veta, CO. They had a lot of snow where we were, but they had gotten the roads plowed pretty good. Unfortunately the wind started blowing and the snow drifts across the road started to form. Well, I am an idiot and apparently a not very good driver, and I got us stuck in a snowdrift that took us nearly 2 hours to dig ourselves out of. Luckily, TJ is brilliant and came up with a plan that involved chains for the tires (that he brought), the car jack, A LOT of digging with the snowshoes turned shovels, and some traction sticks and branches thrown in for good measure! We didn't have to drive very far to get out of the drifts, but it was probably the slowest forward progress through 25 feet that I've ever experienced! I'm just glad that TJ was with me, otherwise I would have probably been sitting there all day hoping someone would drive along and help me! (I think TJ might have gotten a picture of the snow drift as proof of all of our hard work. My camera died yesterday and has since gone MIA, so I might have a picture for you if I can get some from him.)

So, after my poor little underpowered car had a rough day yesterday, I parked it in the driveway of the house that I live in for the next 3 days. I woke up to quite the surprise this morning! I tree at least a foot in diameter had uprooted itself and fallen on my car!!! Ughhh. One more thing to deal with! Sorry, no pictures of that, as I had to get my car out of the driveway while I had help at home to hold other large fallen branches out of the way.

Well, I hope that everyone else's 2007 is going a little better than mine has been in the last two days! The first 2 days were awesome, on a much better note! :)

No comments: