Monday, March 12, 2007

2 Weeks Early

The arrival of day light savings time 2 weeks early this weekend was a much needed change. Things have been a bit tough lately so that is at least one thing that really makes me smile. :)

I did have an amazing weekend of riding, though. I put in a couple of hours at the Fix dirt jumping yesterday and then hit up an awesome turning session with my roommate Kevin in the afternoon. All of that was followed up by a solid early evening nap! Ahhhhh....

Today, my parents rolled through town so I showed them my research lab and then we had brunch. I felt a little bad when they asked what I wanted to do this afternoon and I told them , "Ride my bike." It was such a beautiful, not windy, day that I just wanted to be outside riding on my bike! I got home from hanging out with them and convinced Kevin to go dirt jumping with me. Dirt jumping doesn't get him psyched up like it does me, but the promise of a solid cornering sesh afterwards bought my ticket with him. We had an awesome time at the Fix where I've had some breakthough jumping moments the past couple of days, until...Kevin crashed pretty hard working on some new stuff, and then he was done for for sure! He did inspire me to hit some stuff I've never hit before today. It was good to push each other for sure (at least I thought so). I hope that he heals up quickly!!
Working on cornering. It's getting better, but I still need lots of work!!
(Photo: Kevin Shiramizu)

No comments: