Thursday, March 29, 2007

Max Power Data

So, my friend Missy is doing her graduate work in the Physiology department and she needed subjects for one of her studies recently. She was testing max power output both seated and standing in a "preferred" gear and the two gears above and below that. I have never ridden with a power tap, so I really had no idea what sort of power output I have. I was pretty pleased when she told me that my max power is up there with National level track racers (not world cup track racers, but hey, I don't want to go to Worlds for track, just 4x). :) Also, she was able to assess the differences in my pedaling efficiencies for my right and left legs. I thought for sure my right leg would have issues just because I compensate for my right hip hurting a lot and have developed some bad habits from the many years of dealing with that, but apparently they are only about 2.5% different, which is pretty standard. She also gave me some good tips on how to improve my first 20 feet out of the start gate. I'm excited to try out some new things in the gate and see if my time in the weight room pays off on the power end of things.

Max Power Output Standing: ~1100 Watts



Power Output for Right and Left Pedals, Not Too Far Off of Each Other

No comments: