Saturday, March 24, 2007

Past Present and Future

This week has been full of all three of these in mass proportions! I've gotten emails (including funny pictures of good times) from best friends from high school and my college ex-boyfriend, all of whom I haven't talked to in a long, long time. Between people finding me on myspace and finding out stuff about me by googling me, it's sort of nice to know that you can loose touch with people and still catch up with them without too much effort.

Sandboarding at White Sands, NM

I got a call from my friend Molly today. As it turns out we've both been going through a lot of the same things lately. It's almost humorous how we can both see solutions for each other, but being able to see the solutions for ourselves is much too difficult! :)

I'm not much for forwarding cheesy emails and such, but when I read this poem thing, it really struck a cord with me.

Love is not about what you can get
But how much you can give
Its not about giving up
But holding on
Not about how you say I love you
But, how you should show that it's true
A sad thing about life is that sometimes you meet
Someone who means a lot to you, only to find out
In the end, that it was never bound to be, and
You simply have to let go...

Anonymous

Sometimes the timing of things is curious. Emails from long lost friends, teary phone calls from very dear friends, and random poems to pull the past, present, and future together.

Sorry about the sappy touchy feely post, but it's a dreary crappy rainy day here in Boulder, and this is the mood I am in. Hope for sun and bike riding for tomorrow! :)

No comments: