Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bromont World Cup

A bit overdue...



Women's Final at Bromont

The track in Bromont was huge! It had the biggest berms I've ever seen on a 4x track! The course Builder, Phil, had ~700 truck loads of dirt to work with, and he and his crew did an amazing job. The first straight was super long and had great flow. A couple of pedals out of the gate and then the pumping began...step down, step down, step onto a table, try and sneak in a crank or two, step off of the table, and then a quick jump into the first berm! Awesome!! It rained like crazy so parts of the track were super muddy with some crazy ruts that formed, but all in all, the track was amazing, and SOOO long! Mio had the fastest qualifying time with a 1:10!

I crashed really hard in my last practice run right before the racing started and sort of felt like my head was underwater most of the time after, but I still had a lot of fun racing! I was in 7th in the small final and made a similar mistake to the weekend before and swung too far wide letting Eva pass me on the inside right before the rock garden! Ughhhh!!! I will learn to protect the inside, I swear! I ended up in 8th, but I still had an awesome time riding the track and keep learning more and more each time I race!

No comments: