Sunday, August 03, 2008

Canada WC Update #1

Jess, Me, Lorena, Melissa, Jill, and Fee...Quebec City

On Monday, we had a bit of a duvet day (as my English friends call it) and took our time getting ready to move camp from Mont St. Anne to Bromont. We spent the afternoon in Quebec City. It was fun to see the Old Town and get to partake in their 400-year celebration. We had a lovely lunch with our own personal serenader. We walked around the city a bit before we got back in the car and made the rest of the journey down to Bromont.

A Cool Statue in Quebec City

Ha ha, the Lesbians Are So Funny!

We arrived in Bromont to the gracious hospitality of Phil and Marie, Melissa’s Canadian mechanic and his wonderful girlfriend. On Tuesday morning, our first stop was the Chocolate Museum that made Jess very happy! Melissa and I went on a road ride to get her prescribed training in for the day, and then we went to visit some friends of Jess’ who cooked us a magnificent steak dinner.

Jess and the Chocolate Museum Wonderfulness

On Wednesday Melissa and I headed down to Burlington for her to catch a flight home for some important family stuff. When I got back to town, I decided to call it an early night since I had to get up early to register. Thursday morning found us being awoken by crazy thunder and lightening storms and a torrential downpour. DH practice was delayed by about 2.5 hours. Once 4x practice finally started an hour late, it started pissing rain again, so we each got about 1 run in before practice got canceled again! The weather has made things a bit disappointing, that’s for sure!

Today, however, we were treated to sunny skies and drying courses. The 4x track still had spots that were a complete mess, but at least we got to ride and qualify today. I didn’t have a very good qualifying run, but it was good enough to make it to the “big show” tomorrow night. I’ve got a lot of work to do on this VERY long track before racing time comes tomorrow. It’s such a fun track; I’m just excited to get to ride it again tomorrow.

Pimp Daddy Shane and the 9 Lovely Ladies

Otherwise, I’ve just been doing loads of schoolwork when I’m not doing anything else during the day before practice and racing. I’ve got tons to do, so the rain has at least been nice as a motivator for me to get some work done!!

No comments: