Tuesday, August 05, 2008

What Day Is It?

Well, when I look at my watch it says Monday, but somehow it's gotten screwed up. I wish it was Monday, that's when I was supposed to get home from Canada. Unfortunately Chicago SUCKS! Yesterday I had a pretty epic day of being at the Chicago airport with thousands of other people not being able to get flights to where we wanted to go because they just kept having lightening storms after lightening storms! Long story short (or shorter) I finally got on a plane that began our attempt to take off around 11:30 last night. We were next up on the runway for takeoff when the pilot told us we would be delayed because there was another lightening storm at the end of the runway we were trying to take off on. About 20 minutes later the pilot comes back on and tells us that our plane has just taken a direct hit of lightening to our tail!! I was too busy trying to thoroughly enjoy the only time I've ever been in Business Class, so I didn't even notice until the fire trucks made their way to our plane!

Spent the night in the airport and got a flight this morning which I got upgraded to First Class on at the last minute! Wahoooo!! Asking for an upgrade with a smile seems to go a long way these days. :)

Prior to my Chicago adventures yesterday, I met up with Katie and her bf in Burlington on Sunday. We had as nice of a day as you can have enjoying the town when it's raining the whole time. They had some crazy Dragon Boat Competition going on when we walked down to Lake Champlain. It was quite comical as many people were taking it quite seriously. It was good for a laugh and an inquiry from us. We decided to dodge the rain and see The Dark Knight. It wasn't what I expected, but it was good.

I'll have to do a race update after I get caught up on some school work...

No comments: