Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Sol Vista G3: MSC Gravity Finals

Cody got 3rd and I got 2nd in the Pro Gravity Overall for the Mountain States Cup!! Wahoo!

This past weekend was the final race in the MSC gravity series for the summer. We raced a G3 series race up in Sol Vista. The Sol Vista boys have built some really sweet tracks up there over the past 2 years! Their recent addition, Buc Nasty, is a legitimately challenging DH track. Unfortunately, it's not very long (winning pro men's time: ~2:15), but it has a lot of track packed into that short amount of time! One of the days we all raced chainless, and it was one of the most fun races I think I've ever done! Not being able to pedal sure teaches you a lot about how to pump corners and everything in between to get as much speed as you possibly can!

Cody and Jordan working on Wade's bikes

My goal for the weekend was to get a lot of DH riding in besides the race runs and to have a lot of fun! I wasn't in pin it to win it mode for sure, as I'm trying to get ready for going to Austria next weekend for the World Cup 4x finals in Schladming, Austria! I completely accomplished my goal, got 5th place in the GC for the weekend (by only 0.52 seconds!!) and moved up to 2nd in the Pro women's gravity overall for the MSC series (3 years in a row!!).

Me and Sage

I had a great weekend of riding and racing with all of my Team Toally Wired/Rocky Mountain Roastery teammates this weekend. This is the end of a good couple of seasons for our team. Next year we'll be doing our own things. I'll sure miss them as my teammates, but Cody and Jordan are probably two of my favorite guys in the world, so I'm sure we'll all be hanging out at the races next year regardless of teams/bike sponsors, etc...! :)

If only all boys were as stellar as these two...life would be good! :) xoxo

Back to the grind at school for 4 days, a collegiate DH race in Saturday, and then on the plane for 10.5 hours to Munich on Sunday! I can't wait!!! :)

No comments: