Monday, December 08, 2008

6+2

Today was my 6 week (+two days) follow up appointment with the Doc. I was very pleased that the x-rays definitely showed that the bone has started healing, but it's definitely still broken. :( She said that I could begin gingerly putting some weight on it...uhhhhhh, I guess that starting walking on it last Monday falls into that category???? I just really got tired of the crutches, and it doesn't really hurt that bad to walk on it. At first I used the walking boot, but that actually makes my ankle hurt when walking, so I figured, go for gold, haha. It actually doesn't feel too bad to walk on it. I did leave on the crutches, just for her peace of mind. :) It's snowing like effing crazy here right now, so this is as good a time as any to not be trying to drag myself around with those silly metal sticks!

I got the go ahead to start riding the bike outside...great, thanks Mother Nature!!! Skate skiing is def out of the picture until a bit after the new year and so is snow boarding, so I'd really rather the stupid snow stop falling all together! Oh well. I'm sure some people are happy.

In other news, I'm heading to Oregon (Albany and Portland) to visit my Dad and one of my best friends, Molly, this weekend! Hopefully it will continue to be unseasonably dry there for my visit! I don't know how those crazy Oregonians put up with all of that rain anyway! I'd go crazy. :)

That's all. Oh ya, except I won the investigation/dispute/whatever you want to call it with Paypal to get a refund for the cost of buying a battery to go in the camera that I bought on Ebay that never came with one, so...I'll get on ordering a battery so I can actually put some pictures up here, since I know my ramblings are a bit on the boring side! :)

No comments: