Friday, December 19, 2008

X-mas Parties and Disdain :)

Bryant Research Group Holiday Party (funny, we don't look
like disgruntled grad students, well, except maybe Garret...)

So, you may or may not know that I am not a big fan of Christmas, for many reasons. It's too close to Thanksgiving to stuff ourselves like pigs, AGAIN. :) I would rather get people gifts when I see something that I think they might like (anytime during the year), rather than trying to think of something they might like at a certain time of the year and ending up getting them something trivial, useless, that they don't like (or god forbid, all of the aforementioned!) and vice versa. It's really stressful for so many reasons, people want everything to be just perfect (fat chance!), the gift bit, and crappy winter icy traveling (I'm not a big fan of driving on icy snowy roads after being in two roll over car accidents!), just to name a few.

K, I'm done with my anti-Christmas Grinch rant. :) I hope everyone has a really lovely Christmas full of good food and great time with your family and friends. I'll be in the lab working on my research. :)

No comments: