Monday, December 08, 2008

The Boulder Breakfast Challenge

So, today Chris and I drove past one of the many breakfast establishments in Boulder and devised the plan of the Boulder Breakfast Challenge. We aim to eat at each of the many, many Boulder Breakfast restaurants in town. He proposed 1 a week until we've hit them all. I think that I'd end up weighing 500 pounds by the start of the 2009 race season if we undertook that lofty of a goal, but perhaps we can manage 1 every other week or so. So, anyway, I've thought of quite a few of these lovely places to dine...if I've forgotten any (legit breakfast, not coffee shops that just serve baked goods, etc...), please let me know, so we can truly sample them all.
(in no particular order of greatness, haha) :)

Lucile's
Walnut Cafe
Southside Walnut
North Boulder Cafe
Dot's (x2)
Foolish Craig's
The Buff
Village Coffee Shop
Burnt Toast
Original Pancake House
The Teahouse
Chautauqua
Turley's
International House of Pancakes (not sure that this one counts)
Le Peep
The Egg and I

17!! That's a lot of breakfast restaurants in one town. It's amazing that they have such long waits all of the time on the weekends!

I don't know if Chris will be here long enough to do one every other week! We'll see. We may have to skip some of the ones that I'm not too particularly fond of! So anyway, if I'm missing any of the good ones, please let me know!

No comments: