Monday, July 27, 2009

Mont Sainte Anne World Cup

Melissa, Me, Darian, and Jackie reping the USA!!

Mont Sainte Anne puts on one of the best World Cup races all season. I think the venue and racing is better at Fort William, but Gestev (the race promoter) is doing something right!!! All race promoters should come to this race and take notes!

The 4x track is awesome! Phil rebuilt the course trying to get it all sorted out for World Champs next year, and he made massive really good improvements. I had so much fun riding the track! I got a flat tyre in qualies, which was a real bummer, but that's how it goes. In the first round racing I had a gate of 3 with Fee and Mio. I entered one of the berms faster than I had previously trying to anticipate anywhere to pass and the next thing I knew... I was on my head with the wind completely knocked out of me! It took me 2-3 minutes to sort my breathing out. :( I got up, with my broken and bouncing around peak and finished...just because the jumps were so much fun that I wanted to ride them again!

The DH track is gnarly!! It is long, fast, bumpy, some tech stuff in the woods and some jumps. I had a hard time holding on! I was feeling good in the upper woods section until the very end. I crashed and just couldn't get it back together after that. It was fun to get on that track, though. I've walked it when I've been in MSA doing 4x in the past and have always wanted to give it a go, so I'm glad I raced!

No comments: