Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Clearly Out of Touch

Today USA Cycling announced their automatic invites to the World Championships in New Zealand next month. Without spending too much time looking at the list, it is quite evident that they are completely out of touch with gravity racing. People who are quite deserving of invitations like Lisa Myklak, Bobbi Watt, and Amelia Colasurdo are nowhere to be found when people who have simply attended a lot of the races got invitations. WTF?!?! I can't even speak to men's side of things. The two who got invitations seem justly deserving, but they can send many more than that and there are several very qualified guys who should be on the list. That's all I've got on this one. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one definitely made me shake my head in disbelief...but I guess after the Olympics fiasco, I'm less than surprised.

-Eszter