Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Year Ago Today...

Beautiful Bridger---I Miss You!!

I said goodbye to one of the coolest dogs ever. Bridger was such a great buddy for the 4 short years that I had him. We found out last April that he had lymphosarcoma so we started doing chemotherapy right away. He tolerated it really well for May, June, and the beginning part of July, and then something changed, and his poor little kidneys just shut down.

Deciding that you have to put your pet to sleep is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do! I stayed at the vet hospital with him, pretty much sleeping in his kennel with him. He was just such a sweet dog that I didn't want to have to let him go. He loved everyone and pretty much every dog except for my aunt's annoying bishon (did I mention how smart he was??).

I can't believe that a year has gone by. It's amazing how many things can change in a year. I finally got all moved out of my house today. I guess it's a little fitting that I finally get moved out of the house that I have so many memories of Bridger and Einstein in today. I still have to clean the stupid thing, but my stuff is out. Finally.

No comments: