Thursday, February 08, 2007

Pretty Darn Busy

Between being sick, trying to get stuff done at school, and working hard to get over a dumb boy, I feel like I haven't had time to do anything else! Well, that's a lie, but that's what it feels like. I did race BMX last Saturday and go snowboarding with my friend Kristin on Sunday. It was fun to board with her again. I hadn't been with her since I taught her how 4 years ago! She's having knee surgery today, so we had a last day on the slopes hoorah! It was a lot of fun and since it was Super Bowl Sunday, there were no lines and no I-70 traffic!

My research is super stressful and busy right now which is good and bad. Bad because I'm exhausted every day, good because it keeps my mind off of everything else! Hopefully it will continue going well! My stem cells are ALIVE! Yea!!

I talked to the USA Cycling people (they are the "governing body" for MTBing here) to find out what their plans are for making World's selections this year. Apparently they will be publishing a "very clear" (their quote, not mine) selection criteria for both automatic and petitioned selections in the next couple of weeks. It seems like it is going to be a bit ambiguous to me, as there are a couple of weekends on their new National Calendar that have 2 races in 2 different places. I guess we'll just have to see what it looks like when they publish their very clear criteria. I'm sure it will be clear as mud. :)

No comments: