Friday, February 02, 2007

Enough Already!

So, I can handle 1 or 2 depressing things at a time, but this weather is enough to send anyone to the shrink to get Prozac!! Today's Current Weather: 6º, Feels like -12º with 17 mpw winds from the WNW!! Ahhh, balmy. Did I move to Alaska sometime when I wasn't paying attention? No, I still live in the wonderful "bubble" of Boulder, only the weather has turned to crap and is seriously affecting my ability to deal with normal depressing things!

On a better note, besides being sick this week, I have been working like crazy to get two different research grant proposals to NASA done and turned in yesterday. It was a ton of work, but my advisor said that they were really well written, and she didn't make too many changes (that's a first for me!) I won't hear back from them until about June, so keep your fingers crossed for me. They would be for about $90,000 over the three years that I have left in grad school.

Well, I am headed down to the BMX track tomorrow for some more ride on the dirt
(not the crappy snow) action! It should be a lot of fun.

No comments: