Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Whirlwind of a trip!


Total trip time: 78 hours
Total miles: 1808
Total driving time: ~27 hours
Practice hours: 11
Race runs: 2
Hours sleeping in 60 mph wind: 4
Awesome traveling partners: 2
Major crashes ending better than they could have: 2
Extra nice bruises from crashing: 2
Rocks not moved out of the way causing my good friend to crash: 1 :(
Windows that wouldn't roll up causing us all to go deaf on the way home: 1

Last weekend Phil, Caroline and I went insane. No, not really, but we did drive ~27 in a weekend just to go ride and race in Bootleg Canyon, and it was well worth it! It is a really cool place to ride, racing is another story. :) It's super rocky and technical, but tons of fun! I crashed in my race run, so I had a super crappy time, but I rode the technical section better than I had all weekend, so I was psyched about that! Caroline KILLED it! She was only 15 seconds off of Melissa Buhl's time on a 5 minute course! She is going to take some people by surprise this year! My camera decided to break again, so I don't have any pics. There are a few on TJ's site if you want to check out the terrain.

P.S. We had to go south to get there because I-70 was closed ALL DAY last Friday! LAME!!! Stupid, stupid snow!!

No comments: